Asphalt Paving Marketing Ideas
If your company provides asphalt paving or maintenance, you already know the many benefits of asphalt pavement. You are also aware that every pavement needs to be adequately maintained throughout its life and will need to be replaced eventually. Given the widespread popularity of asphalt paving and the material’s unique properties, you realize that there is ample work available, but you may not be certain how to increase your share of the market. Having a well-planned and properly executed asphalt marketing strategy is the best way to reach potential customers and secure qualified leads. The following list includes seven essential elements of a comprehensive marketing plan for asphalt contractors.
Asphalt Paving Marketing Ideas
1. Have a high-quality asphalt website. Studies show that approximately 80% of the time, people use online searches to find a local business. Their next step is to visit the company’s website. They expect your web pages to load in one or two seconds, and about 40% of desktop users and almost 50% of mobile users will abandon the site if the wait exceeds three seconds. They also expect your website to display properly on whatever device they use. A high-quality site will be fast, easy to navigate, and informative. Your site should show the name of your company, your phone number, a contact form, a list of the services you offer and testimonials from past customers. Pictures of your work and equipment can be helpful, and a brief history of your company can also be beneficial. A well-written blog can help you engage and educate customers.
2. Pay attention to search engine optimization. Search engine optimization, more commonly known as SEO, helps your site rank higher in the results returned by a search engine. There are various ways to improve asphalt paving SEO. For example, if you want to improve your Google rankings, you will want to have a website that loads quickly and contains location-specific keywords. It should be mobile-friendly, and you will want to post new, relevant content frequently.
3. Nurture relationships with your past customers. The average company receives up to 80% of its revenue from repeat customers, so it is a good idea to stay in touch with previous customers who were satisfied with the quality of your work. Nurture long-term relationships by using emails, newsletters, phone calls, or personal visits to let them know that you value their business.
4. Never underestimate the power of signs. A large sign on your sealcoat tank or dump truck is relatively economical, but it becomes a mobile billboard that can put your company’s name and phone number in front of vast numbers of potential customers. Signs at the site of every job can deliver the same information to neighboring businesses and people who are just driving by the site.
5. Plan and execute email and direct mail campaigns. Direct mail campaigns involving brochures, flyers, newsletters, or postcards can be costly, but they can also be quite effective. For a more economical method, consider sending emails to past customers to ask whether there is anything you can do for them. If you learn that a company or one of its employees has received an award, send a congratulatory email or card.
6. Be an active member of important trade associations. Select the trade associations related to the industries for which you provide services. For example, if most of your work comes from hotels and restaurants, consider joining associations related to the hospitality industry. For a wider reach, consider joining associations that have members who manage commercial properties, including shopping centers, office parks, and apartment complexes. Once you join an association, attend as many of the association’s trade shows and meetings as you can to network with your fellow members.
7. Have a social media marketing strategy. The social channels have become an important part of many people’s daily lives, and an increasing number of them turn to social media when they need to find a local business. When done correctly, social media marketing can help you engage customers, build lasting relationships, and secure leads. However, when done incorrectly, social media marketing can alienate the very people you want to please. To create a good social media plan, you will need to understand your audience and know your company’s strengths. If you have a particular niche, showcase it. For example, if you specialize in parking lot maintenance, provide pictures of parking lots you have sealed or striped, and tailor your communications to appeal to property managers rather than homeowners.
At Walkie Talkie, we know that you need to concentrate on running your asphalt business. We have more than 30 years of experience in the asphalt industry, so we will not waste your time by asking you to teach us the fundamentals of asphalt paving. Instead, we can go right to work to help you find and convert more organic leads. Whether you need an exceptional website built, a social media marketing strategy created, or additional asphalt paving and sealcoating marketing ideas, we have the experience and skills you need. Complete our online contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started today.